Downloading Cydia is not a daunting task and you can easily use this innovative feature for your Iphones4s, 4, and 3gs. If you are not a geek then also you can accomplish the process if you know about the basic steps. Here are step-by-step instructions that will help you to download and install Cydia, and use it for your Iphones.
How to download and install Cydia on Iphones with IOS 5?
- The first step to install Cydia is jailbreaking of your Iphone. To jailbreak your Iphone, you need to use the jailbreak tools such as GDeluxe.
Now open the application of Cydia on your Iphone. If you are running Cydia for the first time, you should find that Cydia initializes Filesystem. When it is done, you will find Cydia to exit. After Cydia exits, you need to restart the cydia app.
- Then you will discover the interactive session with the Cydia app. You will notice questions like ‘Who Are You’ and it will show you how Cydia app is interacting with you based on the categories that are selected. To help Cydia applying the correct files, you need to choose all the correct categories. 3 options will be displayed before you and those are ‘User’, ‘Hacker’, and ‘Developer’. You should choose and tap ‘User’ and then ‘Accomplished’
- Now you will find Cydia checking for packages updates. It will ask you to update its entire database for that first time. You would be able to see the progress and would find the leading saying: “Downloading packages”. This means that Cydia will download new packages and database index.
- Now let the Cydia database index
- You would be be prompted soon for upgrading the package, and you will find 3 options such as ‘Upgrade Essential’, ‘Complete Upgrade’, and ‘Ignore (Temporary)’. You need to select ‘Complete Upgrade’.
- The next step is to tap ‘Confirm’ and this will commence your upgrading. You should be careful that you are not ignoring this upgrade else you have high chances to encounter errors.
- Now wait till the process finish and after it has been done tap ‘Close Cydia’ only to Restart
You should find that Cydia app is working fine. You should consider starting off by adding ‘favorite repo’ to the Cydia. You should also commence installation of packages for modifying, tweaking and customizing your iPhone. You could also install 3rd party apps that are outside of the iTunes store’s official apps.
There are also some special techniques that are to be followed after you install Cydia on ipad or iphone. There are also several preparations that need to be done before you install this software. However, the major technique is to jailbreak the software to download Cydia.